Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Moseying Up Highway 395

Mom and I took a four-day vacay up Highway 395
which put us east of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Home of Mt. Whitney, California's highest mountain peak
with an elevation at it's summit of 14,505 feet (4,421 m).
We found ourselves visiting quaint towns.
One boasting a courthouse from 1880
(move over trees!)
and one having an upside down house!
You thought I was kidding, didn't you?
This town was home to Schat's Bakkery.  
Home of the original Sheepherder's Bread. Yum!
A lucky stop included this coffeehouse.  How adorable is that name?
As I ordered my Iced Latte and my mom a warm Latte.
I looked out the back window...
To my absolute delight was this amazing garden!
I couldn't grab my camera out of my bag fast enough!
If you look closely, along with sunflowers (they re-seed themselves!), 
hollyhocks, and cone flowers, you will see a peach tree, squash (!!), 
and a row of carrots behind the nasturtiums.  
It was truly a joy to see such beauty!

A beauty that stayed in my head all the way back to So Cal
along with memories of a special vacation spent with Mom.  

Thanks for visiting! 

This week I will be joining:


Fondly,
~ Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...