What a way to start a morning!
Strawberry and White Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffins.
Yum to both strawberries and white chocolate chips!
I saw this recipe while visting Will Cook For Smiles and this is
actually the second time I have made these.
The first time was for my sorority chapter's
breastfast-for-dinner themed social and they were a hit!
The coffee cake muffins are not very sweet but the white chocolate
chips sprinkled on their tops just before baking add that
sweet deliciousness your tastebuds anticipate.
I made a compound butter to serve with them by combining
softened butter with some of the chopped strawberries.
I found these cup/saucers and luncheon plates marked down
at my local Pavillions and thought they would look great with
my frenchy No. 1 basket I had found at Home Goods.
These coffee cake muffins have been added to my breakfast/brunch
recipes and I look forward to making them for future morning guests.
Here is the recipe:
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake Muffins
Courtesy of: Will Cook for Smiles
Makes 18 muffins
1 1/2 sticks of butter (12 Tbs), room temperature
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of white sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup of milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup of white chocolate chips (for sprinkling on top)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In the large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition.
4. Add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. Beat until well combined.
5. Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low speed until just mixed.
6. Fold in strawberries.
7. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup until almost full (but not completely).
8. Sprinkle the muffins with white chocolate chips.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
Enjoy and thank you for visiting!
This week I will be linking up with
The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sundays
A Stroll Through Life's Table Top Tuesday
Cuisine Kathleen's Let's Dish Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch's Tablescape Thursday
Rattlebridge Farm's Foodie Friday