Friday, May 24, 2013

Mother's Day Brunch at My Daughter's

Okay, I obviously lagged a week but I wanted to
give kudos to my oldest daughter for her Mother's Day Brunch
she held for me, my mother, and my sister ("the moms").
 
On her menu:
Mimosas
Caprese Egg Sandwiches
Roasted Asparagus
Turkey Sausages
and
are you ready for this?
Paula Deen's Not 'Yo Mama's Banana Pudding
(But made healthier. Thanks Sweetie!)
She said she lightened the banana pudding by
using light cream cheese and light pudding.
 
The Caprese Egg Sandwiches were a newbie to me and I found
them to be delightful and wanted to share how she made them.

 She sliced a nice sourdough bread, topped each slice of sourdough
with a spread of basil pesto, slices of tomato and mozzarella,
and a medium sunny-side up egg.  She then popped them all into the
oven to slightly melt the cheese (warming them up!) and garnished them
with fresh basil leaves. They were delicious!
 
My daughter enjoys cooking, just like her mom. (Me!)
My mother reminds me of how I used to often have one of my
small children up on the counter top with me "helping"
as I cooked.  I guess the seeds were planted!
 
It was a great day to be a mom!
 
This week I will be joining these hostesses:  
 
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
Fondly,
~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...